Thursday 3 April 2014

NEW ADVENTURES

Eight years ago yesterday I walked away from the end of a 15 year adventure. It may have only been a small coffee shop and deli, and though I was the owner it was the best job I've ever had.  I had some great staff and met some wonderful people who changed my life in amazing ways.


New adventures opened up after that, some of which would take me round the world and across whole continents, but those too come to an end eventually.  I hope one day soon a new exciting adventure will present itself.

Which brings me neatly to my friend Pauline, who has just set off on a new adventure on her bicycle. You'll recall if you're a regular reader that she cycled round the world for two years between 2010 and 2012.  Well, she's loaded her bicycle up once again and has set off for the midnight sun.  Currently she's crossing Germany and Poland and will then turn north toward Finland, cycling to it's northern tip and crossing into Norway where she'll experience 24 hours of daylight.  I can't imagine what that will be like.

If you'd like to find out and follow Pauline's progress, she is writing a blog about this new adventure as she goes along called Northern Exposure.  Just click on the picture below.

Here's to new adventures.




No comments: