Friday 30 January 2015

MAN FLU

It's a short blog this week folks, and a bit late on my usual posting day of Thursday. Why?

Man flu.

As man flu goes it's a stinker. The most disappointing thing about it is that although it has taken away my appetite I haven't lost any weight. How unfair is that?

The highlight of this low energy week was going to the cinema to see a futuristic thriller called Ex Machina.  I'm not going to write a film review, but suffice to say it was the only film of its type, the advancement of AI (artificial intelligence), that I found entirely plausible.

Anyway, as I said, this is not a movie review. The story part of it did strike a chord with me. Very cleverly it explored relationships between people and how we manipulate and influence those around us, personally or professionally, to get what we want or desire.  How that behaviour can be successful but at the same time destructive.

And we preach what we learn as we carry on through this short episode of time that is our life. As we start to recognise patterns, and develop trust, or distrust, in those who would manipulate us selfishly, we also learn how to avoid those situations in the future.

What it doesn't do is tell me how to avoid catching man flu.


No comments: