Wednesday 7 March 2012

The mirror

Not too long ago I finished building a bathroom for a close friend.

It was a complex project and took many days, but the end result was stunning, though I say so myself. The final task was a thorough clean, but because the silicon seals were still drying, any dust disturbed could have settled on it and ruined the finished look. So I agreed with my friend that he would happily do the clean up the next day.

The following afternoon he phoned me, concerned. He was having great difficulty cleaning the mirror on the cabinet. He'd almost managed to use up an entire bottle of Mr Sheen and the more he cleaned it, the worse it seemed to get. I was curious and puzzled but it demanded a closer look.

As I stood in front of the mirror I could hardly see any refection. It was indeed a poor excuse for a mirror. I leaned in closer and as I did so something in one corner of the mirror caught my eye. I picked away at the spot and suddenly a single sheet of semi opaque film peeled cleanly off the surface leaving a perfect reflection looking back!

All to often though I don't like what I see. But that's another story.

No comments: