Thursday 12 May 2011

T-minus 60 hours

I cannot believe how fast the time has passed. It seems only a few weeks ago that I waved a tearful goodbye to pauline on the streets of Santiago de Compostela, not 8 months!

I think they call it the red-eye flight. On Sunday I shall board the 6.15 KLM flight to Amsterdam and then transfer for the 7 hour flight to Boston. If on time I should land there and wish a fond hello to Pauline at Boston's Logan airport around 1pm local time, roughly 6pm UK time, on Sunday.

After a couple of days in Boston it is our plan to head south to our official starting point at Plymouth rock on Wednesday. Then just a mere 4322 miles left!

Today was the big pack, and after so many weeks of careful planning the packing didn't go all that well. My main hold luggage was 3 kilos over the limit, and the bike was determined not to dismantle easily. I had planned to do all this on Friday but decided to tackle it today. Thank goodness I did. Seven hours later and all was done. To make sure I was under the weight allowance (not me you understand, the hold luggage) I transfered my tent to the bike box and my spare clothes to my carry-on bag. One things for sure I'm going to have a great deal of work to do in Boston to sort out the mess. Nice packing it aint!

Given the past 8 months have flown past I guess the next 5 will be over before you know, but in the course of that I'm sure you'll be reading about a fantastic adventure as we push west across North America.

Please check out the website (link on the right) regularly. Although I blog every week in the UK I'm afraid that my blogs will be a little less frequent from America, but I do hope to post around every two weeks.

In the meantime . . .

Have A Nice Day! Miss You Already!

No comments: