Wednesday 23 December 2009

Merry Christmas



Well, looks like the bookmakers may be paying out tomorrow as we head for a white Christmas. My house is literally ten metres from the sea and in one night 6" of snow fell and lay. In the thirty years I've lived in Edinburgh I have never known snow conditions like this over Christmas. Normally by midday it has all melted and turned into muddy slush. But it's still here, and still snowing as I write this, half way through Christmas Eve!

Yesterday the conditions were so fantastic, that first thing, before the sun came up, my best friend Pauline skied the 4 miles from our front door, into the centre of the city to work, without once having to take her skis off! Now that is a first!

My achievement that day was to build a five foot snowman at the front door!
Merry Christmas to all my followers and readers, wherever in the world you may be at this time of year.

I will not be posting now until the new year, so this is wishing everyone a happy and prosperous new year.

No comments: